May 7, 2021
Our students will continue their MAP or Measure of Academic Progress testing through Friday, May 14. If your student is a remote learner, he or she must come into the school to complete their testing. Please schedule an appointment today for this very critical testing.
Just so you know how important the MAP testing is for your student, MAP testing is an online adaptive test which helps teachers, parents and administrators improve learning models for all students. The results help them to make informed decisions on how to make changes to help your student’s academic growth and success. The areas tested include Reading, Language and Mathematics. Remember, it takes an entire team to help your student to grow and learn beyond expectations.
Here are some tips for parents to help your student do his or her best on their MAP testing:
- Make sure to communicate with teachers about student’s progress throughout the school year and focus on areas where most work is needed to prepare for testing.
- Students need study time at home and preferably a quiet, comfortable designated space.
- Proper rest is very important for students on school days and especially on days of testing. Children who are tired are less able to pay attention in class or to handle the demands of testing.
- Healthy foods that fuel their bodies and minds are more important than we think so please make sure they eat well.
- Providing books and magazines and assign reading time at home is an excellent way for students to learn new words that may appear on a test.
For more information on your student’s specific testing schedule, please contact his or her teachers.
(Tips from nwea.org)
We celebrated our teachers this past week and featured every one of them on our Facebook page. Please be sure to like our page and share it. So many parents and families helped us recognized them with notes, treats and small gifts. These gestures go a long way and we thank you for reaching out to them. Our teachers have remained committed to praying, leading and teaching our students during a pandemic. We are grateful for them and all that they do on a daily basis to help mold and train our children in ways they should go.
Graduation planning is in full swing as our Kindergarten class will be Bridging to 1st grade and we will be celebrating them on Thursday, June 3rd. Our 8th graders will be graduating on Sunday, June 6th. We have so much to celebrate here at St. Paul Lutheran School. Watch for more details in the following weeks.
Thank you all who took advantage of our special pre-registration program. We have a few spots left especially in our PRE-K program so please tell your co-workers, family and friends why you choose St. Paul Lutheran School.
From our strong spiritual foundation, academic excellence and unique learning opportunities, we know that there are many reasons to choose St. Paul Lutheran School for your student’s education. We also encourage you to tell your family and friends about your choice for your child’s education.
Your referral can help another family choose St. Paul Lutheran School where we truly are extended family and only want the best for your child. We thank you for choosing St. Paul Lutheran School where every child is seen, heard and flourishes. Since 1889, we remain committed to creating tomorrow’s leaders through faith, family and education.
Blessings to All